Covid-19 Update: Our office is now open!
To our valued patients,
In preparation for reopening during this time of the COVID-19 pandemic, we would like to inform you of the structural changes and new protocols in the office that have been put in place to help keep you, our staff, and our community safe.
• Have installed counter partitions at the reception desk.
• Separated and enclosed all operatories.
• Installed high volume fans creating a negative pressure environment to help reduce any spread of aerosols.
• Installed UV (ultraviolet) coils in the HVAC system to disinfect, clean, and improve air quality.
For all patient visits, we:
• Perform a risk assessment and screen all patients in advance of the appointment and upon arrival at the clinic.
• Observe meticulous hand hygiene practices throughout the day and before putting on PPE or handling anything that the patient may handle.
• We wear appropriate personal protective equipment during appointments and interactions with patients and their environment, such as gloves, N95 masks, face shields, and surgical gowns, as required.
• We have extra staff to assist the hygienist with suction to reduce aerosols during routine cleanings.
• We have also decided to separate the pediatric side from the general dentistry side, for the short term. We will be working on a week-on week-off basis so there will be no overlap between Dr. Chen and Dr. Christensen’s patients in the office.
Between patient visits, we:
• Clean, disinfect and sterilize all instruments (as usual).
• Wipe all operatory surfaces with disinfectant.
In the reception area, we:
• Disinfect all counters and surfaces.
• Make antibacterial hand rub available.
• Clean and disinfect high touch wall features (light switches, thermostat, door handles, ledges, etc.)
• Clean and disinfect floors and all areas, including reception, waiting room, bathrooms, and all operatories.
We strive for the highest standard of infection prevention and control measures and we strongly believe that with sufficient protective measures in place, a dental practice represents a safe and low-risk environment for our patients.
Please continue to be smart and safe this summer, and we will look forward to seeing you in the office!
Dr. John Christensen & The Metral Dental Team
Welcome to Metral Dental Clinic. Your Nanaimo dentist on Vancouver Island.
New patients are always welcome!
We offer general and cosmetic dentistry. As well as dental implants, Botox, laser teeth whitening, and Invisalign braces. We are children & family friendly.
Dr. Christensen and his staff are serious about providing the best treatment and care for their patients - in a fun and relaxed office atmosphere!
Come visit us... for brilliant smiles and beyond
Stop The Clock!
Growing old doesn't mean you have to look it.
Come visit us in Nanaimo, at Metral Dental Clinic, where frown and forehead lines along with crow's feet around the eyes are a thing of the past with BOTOX® CosmeticRead more
Tooth whitening is a safe and pain free way to achieve whiter teeth and a dazzling smile.
To ensure the greatest success, the staff at Metral Dental Clinic will give you a dental evaluation prior to treatment. This will determine if your teeth are good candidates for dental whitening.Read more
Orthodontics is the perfect way to create an attractive smile.
It is never too late to initiate treatment. The benefits of orthodontics are many and the most obvious is a winning smile that can be achieved by aligning the natural teeth in an attractive position in the mouth.Read more
- CASE OVERVIEW (before and after): Amazing results in less than 1 year with This is an example of the incredible aesthetic transformation that can be achieved with Invisalign aligners. This patient was treated in our office at Metral Dental. His primary concern when he first came to see us…
Being a professional photographer for the past 15 years - both in Metro Vancouver and Los Angeles tell...Angela HubbardAngela Hubbard Photography